onsdag 6. februar 2013

experience the unpredictable

"Remember when you are present you are not only aware of reality, but become excited by all that you see and experience" (The Wisdom of the Enneagram, 47).
I try to live my life through experience. If things don't go as I want them to, or expect them to, which honestly happens a lot, I try to see it from another perspective than just getting upset or frustrated. You can not control how things are going to be. Also, just because you want something to be a certain way, that doesn't mean it is going to be like that (even though you can try to make your best for it to happen).

I was on my way to work. Sitting on the tram, the guy on the speakers said the power was out and that he didn't know when it would be back. My first reaction was this is so typically, it always happens to me. 

First of all; it doesn't always happen to me, this was the first time the power was out like this. Second, on my way to work, by feet instead, I also came to the realization that things like this can never be controlled and that distractions like this can always happen. How is the best way to handle that? By experience it as an uncertainty in life that you can surprisingly enjoy.

You never know what life will bring. Why don't we just embrace this uncertainty as something that can make us experience new, unforeseen situations everyday.

Suddenly I found myself walking through the city as it was waking up, breathing in the fresh crispy air. It was definitely a positive change from the usual packed tram.

M.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar