onsdag 30. januar 2013

all the small things

We all hear from time to time, that the journey is life. It is not only the next party, the next date or the next vacation that counts. Don't get me wrong, I think having those things to look forward to is a great thing, but from my own experience I have seen how those future events can take up almost all of the space in my presence.

Whenever moving from A to B, let's say to work, I will put on music and always daydream about these events. But doing that, I am missing out on almost everything else going on around me; the people, the buildings, how the light reflects in the windows.

It hit me that I was missing out on so many beautiful aspects of life, either by taking them for granted or simply not being aware of their existence. So I am trying to change this.
It is not always easy, I have days when all I want is to listen to music and disappear into my daydreams, and I think that is ok. At least for now. This aspect of my life has been so strong for such a long time, so it will take time.

But I want to be able to just live in all moments. And maybe these daydreams will continue to be a part of my life, but I want them to be a smaller part. I want to be able to better enjoy my journey. Also, one issue with these daydreams, is the content of them. I have written here about how I create another reality in my mind. I can use these daydreams to imagining how my future planned (or unplanned) events will be, even adding very unlikely scenarios. And then, of course, I get disappointed as I created the possible situations and relationships in my mind.

So I have several reasons for wanting to reduce the amount of daydreaming, including changing its content. I want to be more present. And realistic.

Remember the small things in between.

M.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar